Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Figuring Out Retirement



How much is enough?  That is always my question!  Will my husband and I have enough to live on when retirement arrives?  He is adamant that he will retire when he is 62.  That will be in 5 1/2 years. We are both the same age.   I on the other hand, will probably continue to work at the high school until I am 65 at least.  Then Medicare will kick in. I wish he would work until at least 65 as well.  I have 5 1/2 years to convince him!

I don't think my husband realizes just how much insurance will be if he retires early.  I have no idea either, but I imagine it will be quite expensive.

Talking about retirement to friends is just not that easy.  I was fortunate enough to inherit a large chunk of money when my parents passed.  Will be be okay? Our financial advisers say we will be.  Easy for them to say.

I tend to hoard money.  I love to hide it.  Stash it away like a squirrel. On the down side, I love to spend money too.  It is hard to find a balance.




No comments:

Post a Comment