Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Instant Pot, My New Kitchen Gadget



I bought my Instant Pot about two months ago on Amazon Prime.  What is an Instant Pot, you might ask? The Instant Pot is a multi-cooker that does the job of a slow cooker, electric pressure cooker, rice cooker, steamer, yogurt maker, saute/browning pan and warming pot.  It's a single appliance that does the job of seven different kitchen appliances or tools.  

I can remember when I was growing up,  my mom used a traditional pressure cooker for many meals.  It was probably the noise and racket that the pressure cooker made me hesitate to use one in my own kitchen.

After reading posts on FB about the Instant Pot,  and how easy it was to use I decided to include one in my own kitchen.  So far, I have made Chicken and Dumplings ,  Chicken and Stuffing, and Goulash.

There is a bit of a learning curve for me regarding the Instant Pot, but the recipes I have used so far have been very helpful.  What I need to do is downsize the recipes a bit.  They make too much for just me and my husband.   Otherwise I am quite happy with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment